Chhajjuka Chaubara of Bharat Desai

In Hindi Chaubara is a place where people of village discuss the various subjects and chhajjus represents those people. However here all learned people are dicussing the important topics of the world in form of creative writing. I have given herein group photo of few members of 'Chhajjuka Chaubara.'

Monday, April 03, 2006


ARTICLES
========
PRESENTED BY PUSHPA SHAH
------------------------
1)RAVAN FOUND MOTHER IN SITA
============================
RAVAN in his young life, took vow from a saintthat he will not have any illicit relationship or touch any lady without making her his wife by proper marriage. He sincerely followed this vow throughout his life till his death. Out of passion, pride and jealousy, he kidnapped mahasati Sita and kept her at Ashoka vatika in Lanka.During this period, Ravan made various efforts directly and through his people to convince Sita tomarry him. At times he threatened Sita to rape her and spoil her character but he never did so. He got so much desparate that once he sent his own wife Mandodari to Sita to covince Sita to marry him ?Despite offering various temptations, Mandodari Could not succeed in her mission. All her efforts to covince Sita to marry Ravan proved to be futile.
Ravan was disappointed at this. As such he used to remain sad and gloomy. Once his brother Kumbhakaran entered his room when Ravan was lying in his bed. He heard Ravan murmuring in a fragile voice the words"Site, Site, Site". Kumbhakaran had come to meet Ravan after six month's sleep so he was totally unaware ofwhatever happened during that period. He asked Ravan reasons for his sadness and disappointment. Ravan explained in detail whatever had happened and reasons for his sadness. Kumbhakaran was astonished to listen his storyand reminded Ravan of various abilities and knowledge(vidya), he acquired in his young age. He also suggested Ravan to please DeviRoopaparivartini(Goddess who can change one"sappearance) and request her to fulfile his desire tolook like Ram. Thereafter, it will be easy for him toget Sita and satisfy his desire. Ravan felt very sorry and asked Kumbhakarna "Do you consider your brother a fool ? I would not have tried to use my knowledge ? Kumbh became anxious and impatient to know the details.
Ravan started narrating his own experience. After reciting japas(mantras), RupaparivartiniDevi was pleased and appeared before me. I requested her to fufil my desire to look like Ram. She granted by telling (tathastu) o. k. and disappeared. Immediately I was looking like Ram, but then onwards I started expriencing difficulties, as various thoughts started fighting in my mind and heart. First I saw Kuber, whose everything was taken away by me. I heard someone telling me"Lankesh, return everything of Kuber to him. It is not good for king of Lanka." * After some time, Vibhushan came to me and advised, "Bhai, still it is not too late; you return Sita respectfully to Ram. Otherwise the very thought of the sin committed by you will kill you."* By that time, Adhishtayika Devi Lankini stood before me. She told me "By kidnapping other"s wife(parastri), you have committed the biggest sin and put this city in darkness(more than Kajal). It is shameful for me too. You better leave Lanka immediately and go away to a far place. * Immediately after Lankini went, your bhabhi Mandodari came with tears in her eyes. She asked me what was lacking in her beauty that I became mad aftersome one"s wife (parastri)? "Did you feel anything less in my beauty or doubt my faithfulness that you had to kidnap Sita to bring her here in Lanka? If you have decided to spoil the image and name of past 71 generations of Rakshaskul, first you give me poision to die." "Like this, one after the other came and told me so much in harsh words that I was stunned and got verymuch confused. To ascertain whether I had really becomeRam(looked like Ram or not), I stood before a big mirror. Looking at my own reflection as Ram, I felt as if Ram himself was standing before me and I saw motherb in Sita (matruswarup). Under this situation, you onlytell me, how I can go nearer to Sita in whom I saw my mother?" Kumbhakaran who was sincerely listening Ravan"s narration was stunned and spontaneously (expressed) offered crores and crores of times his respect to Ram(their enemy), by whose association only, Ravan"s feeling and mind underwent change and Ravan"s passion for other ladies disappeared at the sight of his(Ram"s) reflection. Friendship or enmity with really good people results in living (improving) good life. One should keep away from bad thoughts and bad people. It is an accepted fact that one will experience the result of his sins-bad deeds in life, but till then the pinch of the sin committed makes it difficult to live a peaceful life.
2)An Eye Opener on Ovarian Cancer(Health Care Hints)
====================================================
Years ago, Gilda Radner died of ovarian cancer. Her symptoms were inconclusive, and she was treated for everything under the sun until it was too late. This blood test finally identified her illness but alas, too late. She wrote a book to heighten awareness. Gene Wilder is her widower.
KATHY'S STORY: this is the story of Kathy West As all of you know, I have Primary Peritoneal Cancer. This cancer has only recently been identified as its OWN type of cancer, but it is essentially Ovarian Cancer. Both types of cancer are diagnosed in the same way, with the "tumor marker" CA-125 BLOOD TEST, and they are treated in the same way - surgery to remove the primary tumor and then chemotherapy with Taxol and Carboplatin. Having gone through this ordeal, I want to save others from the same fate.
One thing I have learned is that each of us must
take TOTAL responsibility for our own health care. I thought I had done that because I always had an annual physical and PAP smear, did a monthly
Self-Breast Exam, went to the dentist at least twice a year, etc. I even insisted on a sigmoidoscopy and a bone density test last year. When I had a total
hysterectomy in 1993, I thought that I did not have to worry about getting any of the female reproductive organ cancers. LITTLE DID I KNOW. I don't have ovaries (and they were HEALTHY when they were removed), but I have what is essentially
ovarian cancer. Strange, isn't it?
These are just SOME of the things our Doctors never t ell us: ONE out of
every 55 women will get OVARIAN or PRIMARY PERITONEAL CANCER. The "CLASSIC" symptoms are an ABDOMEN that rather SUDDENLY ENLARGES and CONSTIPATION and/or DIARRHEA.
I had these classic symptoms and went to the doctor. Because these symptoms
seemed to be "abdominal", I went to a gastroenterologist. He ran tests that were designed to determine whether there was a bacteria infection; these tests were negative, and I was diagnosed with "Irritable Bowel Syndrome". I guess I would have accepted this diagnosis had it not been for my enlarged abdomen. I swear to you, it looked like I was 4-5 months pregnant! I therefore insisted on more tests
They took an X-ray of my abdomen; it was negative. I was again assured that
I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome and was encouraged to go on my scheduled
month-long trip to Europe. I couldn't wear any of myslacks or shorts
because I couldn't get them buttoned, and I KNEW something was radically
wrong. I INSISTED on more tests, and they reluctantly) scheduled me for a
CT-Scan (just to shut me up, I think). This is what I mean by "taking charge
of our own health care."
The CT-Scan showed a lot of fluid in my abdomen (NOT
normal). Needless to say, I had to cancel my trip and have FIVE POUNDS of fluid drawn off at the hospital (not a pleasant experience I assure you),
but NOTHING compared to what was ahead of me.
Tests revealed cancer cells in the fluid. Finally, finally, finally, the
doctor ran a CA-125 blood test, and I was properly
diagnosed.
I HAD THE CLASSIC SYMPTOMS FOR OVARIAN CANCER, AND
YET THIS SIMPLE CA-125 BLOOD TEST HAD NEVER BEEN RUN ON ME, not as part of
my annual physical exam and not when I was symptomatic. This is an
inexpensive and simple blood test!
PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FEMALE FRIENDS AND
RELATIVES TO INSIST ON A CA-125 BLOOD TEST EVERY YEAR AS PART OF THEIR ANNUAL
PHYSICAL EXAMS.
Be forewarned that their doctors might try to talk them out of it, saying,
"IT ISN'T NECESSARY." Believe me, had I known then what I know now, we would
have caught my cancer much earlier (before it was a stage 3 cancer). Insist
on the CA-125 BLOOD TEST; DO NOT take "NO" for an answer!
The normal range for a CA-125 BLOOD TEST is between
zero and 35. MINE WAS 754. (That's right, 754!). If the number is slightly
above 35, you can have another done in three or six months and keep a close
eye on it, just as women do when they have fibroid tumors or when men
have a slightly elevated PS A test (Prostatic Specific Antigens) that helps
diagnose prostate cancer.
Having the CA-125 test done annually can alert you early, and that's the
goal in diagnosing any type of cancer - catching it early.
Do you know 55 women? If so, at least one of them will have this VERY
AGGRESSIVE cancer. Please, go to your doctor and insist on a CA-125 test and have one EVERY YEAR for the rest of your life.
A NOTE FROM THE RN:
Well, after reading this, I made some calls. I found
that the CA-125 test is an ovarian screening test equivalent to a man's PSA
test prostate screen (which my husband's doctor automatically gives him
in his physical each year and insurance pays for it). I called the general
practitioner's office about having the test done. The nurse had never heard of
it. She told me that she doubted that insurance would pay for it. So I called
Prudential Insurance Co, and got the same response. Never heard of it -
it won't be covered.
I explained that it was the same as the PSA test they h ad paid for my
husband for years. After conferring with whomever they confer with, she told
me that the CA-125 would be covered.
It is $75 in a GP's office and $125 at the GYN's.
This is a screening test
that should be required just like a PAP smear (a PAP
smear cannot detect problems with your ovaries). And you must insist
that your insurance company
pay for it.
Gene Wilde r and Pierce Brosnan (his wife had it,
too) are lobbying for women's health issues, saying that this test should
be required in our physicals, just like the PAP and the mammogram.
(Presentor is a Retired Assitant General Manger of Reserve Bank of India)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home